"It's been a while, I know I shouldn't have kept you waiting, but I'm here now." - Britney Spears
Sooooooooo, the husb and I had a little Dadz Gone Wild week around New Years. The lil girl was staying with her Grandparents and oodles of relatives throwing presents and love at her, so we decided to gift ourselves a bit of wild boyz break.
We never partied much before becoming parents, always chose take-out and tv over nights-out and shots. And we sort of looked down on gay dads who whooped it up... then we became parents.
The nonstop, day after day, heavy weight of responsibility and selfLESSness can lead to NEEDING to GO WILD, well, to just feel human again (and not a Dad-bot). You have to know it to get it.
SImply put, bitch gotta cut loose once in a while. MORE AFTER THE JUMP ------->
Anyway, we turnt up Las Vegas and Palm Springs for a week. Along for the insanity were Aussies, San Diegans, a Pittsburgher, even a cameo from Vinny F*ckin' Lopez. All who helped make our reality look like a g'damn rap video. #forREAL
Before we began I made a mixtape / soundtrack for our trip and this is it. It's part favorite jams from 2014, part random PopMuse party tunes. It's not Boom Boom although my favorite Boom Boom track from 2014 is on here (J. Lo Syn Cole).
The Title - I kept making @bloghungry laugh by ordering Patron Shots and Pina Coladas everywhere we went... Because thats "US" to a T - a ridiculous mix of high and low (get it?).
Some random thoughts on the tracks for those of you fools still reading this endless post....
1. Sometime when people get in the way of a good time you need a mantra... this was my mantra.
2. It kills me to put a Chris Brown song on a mixtape (we had a run-in at a Valet once years ago I'm still holding a grudge) but this hook is undeniably HOT.
3. Husb loves this song. He always surprises me, suddenly knowing all the lyrics to a song I'd never expect.
4. The Fergie grower. What the hell is she saying in the last 20 secs of this song?
5. I kind of wish Nicole Schizer did this one.
6. I know Sledgehammer is a hit, but it should be the BIGGEST HIT OF THE YEAR. We've all failed.
7. We Can't Stop is the song of a generation (I am not a part of, but enjoy very much, on occasion.)
8. I woke up like this.
9. Saw gay stripper work the pole to this. Not in a lame Magic Mike way.
10. Saw different stripper work a pole to this SICK Wrecking Ball mix and just served the most hardcore, sad, sexy and profound artistic performance I saw all year. I was throwing money like it was confetti. He completely ignored it, he was IN THE MFing MOMENT.
11. Drumroll... I think this is my favorite song of year. I know! WHAT?!? It's completely insane! Its so frivolous it was like the 5th single from the CD, but I just love it. It's EASY and this year was so hard, I just needed it like air all year.
12. Throwback CLASSIC MC remix, love the Two Occasions moment.
14. Singing this on freeways going 100 mph like reckless teens. #adorablemoments
15. Had Danity Kane been able to keep it together this song would've been HUGE. Lily's favorite song of the year. #nojoke
16. Shake it off doesn't have a "sick beat"... This is a sick beat.
17. BOOM BOOM & J. Hud - perfect.
18. As I said, my fav Boom Boom track of '14. The instrumental breaks after the chorus are EPIC. THIS IS THE SOUND OF DANCE IN 2015!!!!
19. Love how Duke Dumont is so influenced by 90s House.
20. Good luck going to Vegas and NOT listening to Britney. This one's just fire on the dancefloor ALWAYS.
21. #BANGERZ w/ #BRITNEY
22. Tinashe is probably the closest we'll get to modern day Aaliyah.
23. Pour It Up - my classic 'gone wild' theme song.
24. My fave Work Bitch remix. Forget what you think about Britney Jean era this song is as big as Toxic or Womanizer, it's ICONIC.
25. Nasty Girls - when this is your cool down jam, you are having a really good time.